For more information on commissioning a work of art, please contact the artist
*Oil Paintings – includes portraits of people, pets or houses; landscapes and other subjects:
Sizes 8 x 10 to 48 x 36 (for group portrait - see more information below)
Acrylic paintings – pet portraits, house portraits, landscapes and other subjects except human portraits:
Sizes 8 x 10 to 48 x 36
Watercolor – landscapes, still lifes, house portraits, other subjects except portraits and pet portraits:
Sizes 8 x 10 to 20 x 24
Drawings – all subjects
Sizes 8 x 10 to 18 x 24
Matting and/or framing is available upon request at additional cost.
- Custom sizes can certainly be accommodated. Please provide the dimensions you would like.
- Oils and acrylics are painted on high-quality canvas or gessoed and cradled panel. Watercolors are painted on 140-lb Arches Cold press fine grain acid free rag paper.
- For portraits with more than one subject, $50 is added to the basic dimensional price for each additional person, pet or special object (i.e. a house, car, large objet d’art, extensive background work, etc.) Preferred media for portraiture is oil or drawing.
- There may be a $45 shipping/delivery fee for paintings going outside a 75 mile radius from Springfield, VA.
- * Please keep in mind that oil paintings require a longer drying time which must be allowed for – at least 2 or 3 weeks – before shipping.
- Commissioned portraits are done from good quality photos showing close-up of facial features, eye color, and details. Digital photos in the highest resolution jpeg form, sent via email, are preferred, but I can work from printed photos sent through regular USPS mail. I will return your printed photos when the work is complete.
- If you live a 50-mile radius of the metropolitan Washington DC area, a photo session can be arranged. This gives me a chance to get to know the subject better. The photo session generally take place in the subject's home or a favorite location. There is no extra charge for this.
- Before starting your portrait, I will send you a preliminary rough draft for approval. I will also send a photo of the finished portrait before it ships.
- Turnaround time is usually 4-6 weeks, depending on size of the piece and medium. If you would like a painting in time for a special occasion, please let me know so I can check my workload and ability to have it finished and dried in that time.
- A 50% deposit is required upon commission along with a signed contract. Balance is due on completion and before the work is shipped. A photo of the finished work will be sent before the artwork is shipped or delivered, for final approval.
- Please note that I retain copyright on all artwork I create, and have the right to use the image for promotion purposes, reproductions, etc. Artwork and images may not be used or reproduced without my written permission.